This a delicious dish usually made on open fire in villages, especially in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The fire gives food a special taste. But no reason to be upset even if you are a city resident. You can prepare aloo-baingan bharta in the convenience of you urban flat as well, and without burning your home 😉 Just use a grill grid.
- one big round brinjal;
- 3 boiled medium potatoes;
- 1 big onion or 2 medium onions;
- 2 tomatoes;
- garlic – 8 сloves;
- grated ginger – 1 tablespoon
- 2 green chili;
- green coriander;
- vegetable oil – 2 teaspoons;
- mango powder – 1 teaspoon (optional ).
- Chop onion, garlic and coriander.
- Fry brinjal on medium fire for about 15 minutes. During this time turn it around so it is fried evenly.
- Fry tomatoes in the same way for 5 minutes.
- Fry chili for a minute.
- Peel brinjal, boiled potatoes and tomatoes.
- Put everything in a bowl. Add chopped onion, garlic, coriander and mango powder (optional).
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Add two teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- Mash everytting well using your hand or with a fork.
Serve it with rice and dal, roti, or bati (litti).