Oladyi are tradition Russian fluffy pancakes. They makes great breakfast and are usually served with sour cream, berries or different jams (varenye). Though the treat cannot be put on a diet list and save your figure, but it can definitely raise your mood if you are a sweet tooth.
There are many variations of the recipe, here are we are offering a vegetarian one (without eggs).
From the following amount of ingredients I’ve made 10 fluffy pancakes. They are very nourishing, so I recommend 3-4 pieces per serving, otherwise you risk to consume too many calories.
1 glass = 200 ml.
- whey – 0.6 glass, or 110 ml (you may also use just milk);
- white flour (maida) – 1 glass;
- sugar – 1.5 tablespoon;
- edible soda – 1/3 teaspoon;
- sunflower oil – 2 tablespoons;
- one chopped banana;
- a pinch of salt.
- Warm whey (or milk) and melt sugar with a pinch of salt in it.
- Add flour and mix everything well. The better should be smooth without lumps.
- Add soda and mix well so it is evenly spread in the batter.
- Add chopped bananas and mix again.
- Heat your frying pan with little oil. Do not add so much oil at a time otherwise your oladyi (fluffy pancakes) will become very oily as they easily absorb it.
- Switch the flame intensity to medium and put batter on the pan. One tablespoon of batter = one pancake.
- Fry each pancake on both sides until it turns golden.
- If needed add little oil during the frying process.
- Serve with yoghurt or sour cream / jam, honey, or maple syrup / fresh berries and fruit.