Most simple and tasty Russian summer salad (Photo recipe)
It is summer time. And while creative artists are making amazing edible landscapes from fresh fruit and vegetables, we have an opportunity to improve our health with a healthy vegetable diet. This is a most simple vegetable salad made in Russia when summer comes. Try it and treat your family and friends. It cannot leave anyone indifferent.
The salad is good for those who want to loose some weight. Just use vegetable oil or olive oil instead of mayonnaise. It is good for health to have it for dinner as an independent meal or for lunch. For more proteins, you may add a boiled egg. Lettuce
Summer salad. Ingredients
For 2 persons:
– cucumber – 1 piece (medium sized);
– tomato – 1 piece;
– reddish – 3 pieces;
– bell pepper – 1/4;
– spring onion;
– salt – according to your taste;
– mayonnaise or vegetable or olive oil – 1-2 table spoons.
Summer salad. How-to-make steps
1. Cut one cucumber along into two halves.
2. Cut each half along into two halves.
3. Cut into thin slices (as shown on the photo).
1. Cut each reddish into to halves.
2. Cut reddish halves into thin slices.
Cut the spring onion as shown on the photo.
Cut 1/4 of bell pepper as shown on the photo.
Cut one tomato in cubicles as shown on the photo
Put all the cut ingredients in a bowl or a deep plate.
Add salt according to your taste.
Add mayonnaise or vegetable or olive oil.
Step 09. Serving
Serve the salad cold on a plate. Summer salad can be served as appetizer or be accompanied with potato meals.